A notch trowel is a tool used in the installation of tiles and stones. It is also utilized in the installation of resilient, epoxy, and various types of flooring.
The Notch trowels’ thickness:
- It is available in various thicknesses, ranging from 2 mm to 20 mm.
Three types of the Notch trowel are typically used in tile and stone installation systems :-
- Thin bed rakes
- Slender bed rakes
- Luxurious bed trowels
Thin bed trowels: These are the trowels that we typically use for installing wall tiles and stone.
Thick bed trowels: These are the trowels that we typically utilize for the tile and stone installation system’s flooring application.
Fine bed trowels: These types of trowels used for the Glass mosaic or low thickness types of the materials like carpets.
Benefits of the Notch trowels
- For the uniform thickness of the materials, notch trowels are used.
- Notch trowels eliminate trapped air in materials, which is typically created when components are mixed together.
- Trowels with notches give the consistent thickness.
- Using notch trowels, we can maintain proper coverage.