Skip to content
Hacking :- Hacking is the process of creating indents marks on the concrete surface of controlled size , to help good bonding for the mortar coming in contact with it.
Why hacking is important
- Hacking create a bonding bridge between surface and upcoming mortar.
- It help to increase tensile adhesion strength of the mortar.
- Hacking is necessary for wall tiles as the strength of the mortar is increase due to hacking.
- Hacking act as a bonding agent for the mortar.
Procedure of hacking
- Hacking of a concrete surface can start after curing of 1 day.
- All the concrete surface to be hacked shall be cleared of any debris.
- Cross stitching should be done during hacking as shown in diagram.
- After completing the hacking, surface should be thoroughly cleaned.
How much hacking is required for 1 square feet
- It is appropriate to have approximately 60 to 70 indents per square feet.