Cement grout and Epoxy grout
- Epoxy grouts are created with Resins, inert or active silica sand, and specialized polymers, whereas cement grout is made consisting of cement hydraulic binder, polymers, and finely graded aggregates.
- Epoxy is more resistant to chemicals than cementitious grouts.
- Epoxy grout is less UV Stable and is more susceptible to UV ray-induced color changes, whereas cementitious grout has strong UV resistance.
- Epoxy grouts perform less well in terms of heat resistance than cement grout.
- Artificial stone is best suited to epoxy grout rather than cementitious grout.
- Epoxy, on the other hand, is a food-grade substance, but cementitious grout is not.
- Cementitious grout is less sanitary, microbiological, and mold resistant than epoxy grout.
- Instead of epoxy grout, cementitious grout is the finest choice for outside cladding and terrace areas since it can more readily withstand expansion and contraction than epoxy grouts.
- Epoxy grout is preferable to cementitious grout for tiles that can withstand acidic environments.
- Epoxy grout, as opposed to cement grout, is the best choice for swimming pool regions since chlorine is utilized for routine pool cleaning.
Table of Contents
Application area of the epoxy grout:-
- Swimming pool
- Chemical resist area
- Septic tank
Application area of the cement Grout :-
- External cladding
- Podium areas
- Dry areas