Epoxy flooring :- Epoxy flooring is made up of resin, hardener and fillers with pigment. Its provide wear and tear, shining, taint, antistatic etc. properties to the floor and increase the durability of the floor.
Resin :- Resins are produced in the cells of plats Resins can be produced through the bark of a
tree. It is naturally and synthetically occurs .
Hardeners :- The purpose of the Hardeners is its cure resins.Its take part in chemical reaction and provide immediate strength to the epoxy resin
Fillers :- Fillers provide mechanical strength to the epoxy flooring and also provides thickness properties .
Some of the advantages of epoxy flooring are as follows:
- Good chemical resistant properties.
- Control concrete floor dusting
- Protect the substrate form degradation
- Excellent wear and tear properties
- Less moisture sensitivity
- Provide shine surface
- High shore D hardness value
- Algae and bacterial resistant properties
Some of the demerit of epoxy flooring are as follows:
- No thermal cleaning
- Lack of flexibility
- No Uv stable
- less scratch resistant
- avoid to use in milk production industries
- less chemical resistant as compare Pu flooring.
Some of the problem comes in epoxy flooring
- Fish Eye
- De-bonding / Peeling off
- Bubbling effect:
- Brush / trowel / roller marks
- Bulge / crack at joints
- Straight cracks
- Failure at columns, wall, joints ETC