Skip to content
Parts of Residential Building
- Foundation :- The part of the building below the ground level that support superstructure load is called foundation.
- Plinth level :- The parts of the superstructure between ground level and finished floor level is called plinth level.
- Ground floor :- The ground floor of the building is the floor that is as the same level as the ground outside.
- DPC :- A damp proof course is a horizontal barrier that is designed to prevent moisture rising through capillary action.
- Staircase :- A staircase is the part of the building whose join the building at different levels.
- Window :- The function of the window is that is maintain the proper ventilator and lighting system in the house
- Door :- A piece of metal, wood, glass etc that protect us from thieves and divides the building into different spaces.
- Parapet wall :- A low height wall that is built adjacent to a roof.
- Sill level :- The base of the window is called sill.
- Lintel :- A lintel is a beam which transfer the vertical load to the wall without affecting the door and window.